First Letter
We received our first letter from Chris on 1/20/06. Here are some excerpts from it. He wrote it Sunday the 15th, his first Sunday there.
This time at the MTC has been so wonderful and busy! The people here are great. Our district is entirely elders and our branch president is a down-to-earth man, President Griffiths. Those in our district come from many backgrounds and stories. We have one Canadian elder who converted about three years ago and was ward mission coordinator before he came out here at age 23 or 24. My companion is Elder Udall. He's 6'6", from Mesa AZ and was absolutely giddy about the small snowstorm we had this morning.
One thing I've noticed here is that every minute is planned, from the 6:30 'Arise and awake' time to the 10:30 lights out. We are given no time for letters and other things until Sunday and preparation day (Monday).
Elder Udall and I taught the first lesson on our first day. Bro. Smith said yesterday that he and Sis. Lewis (the other teacher) decided to throw us into the fire. We taught the lesson about 4 times on Friday and more times yesterday as well.
There's also the TEC (Teacher Evaluation Center) where we can practice on teacher the lesson (nice syntax,eh?) We've been there twice already and received good advise on what to work on.
We've been to the RC (Referral Center twice. This is where people call in about media offers they've seen. It is up to us to get them their free item and get a missionary referral. We also find the nearest LDS church house and invite them to church. It's very exciting because you're supposed to fit the 1st lesson in, in conversation, and in less than a minute.
It seems like I've been here for a month. I'm so comfortable here, even more comfortable than at home (sorry). This is where I need to be.
Even though I haven't been crying nonstop with homesickness, I have been thinking about you. In the first discussion, it talks about how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families, and how families bless us.
I would like to invite you all to help out the missionaries. Go do baptisms for the dead and tell me how it felt when you came into the water. I know that by doing this our family will have greater unity, peace and purpose as we serve the Lord together.
There is so much to tell! And my testimony has grown so much over the last 3 or 4 days. It's amazing. 2 Nephi 25:22-23,26.
Oh, and did I mention I was made District Leader this morning?
Be sure to go to the temple and tell me about it. Send my love to Grandma and Grandpa Davis and everyone else as well! of our family others could say what it says in Colossians 2:2-3.
Love, Elder Child
This time at the MTC has been so wonderful and busy! The people here are great. Our district is entirely elders and our branch president is a down-to-earth man, President Griffiths. Those in our district come from many backgrounds and stories. We have one Canadian elder who converted about three years ago and was ward mission coordinator before he came out here at age 23 or 24. My companion is Elder Udall. He's 6'6", from Mesa AZ and was absolutely giddy about the small snowstorm we had this morning.
One thing I've noticed here is that every minute is planned, from the 6:30 'Arise and awake' time to the 10:30 lights out. We are given no time for letters and other things until Sunday and preparation day (Monday).
Elder Udall and I taught the first lesson on our first day. Bro. Smith said yesterday that he and Sis. Lewis (the other teacher) decided to throw us into the fire. We taught the lesson about 4 times on Friday and more times yesterday as well.
There's also the TEC (Teacher Evaluation Center) where we can practice on teacher the lesson (nice syntax,eh?) We've been there twice already and received good advise on what to work on.
We've been to the RC (Referral Center twice. This is where people call in about media offers they've seen. It is up to us to get them their free item and get a missionary referral. We also find the nearest LDS church house and invite them to church. It's very exciting because you're supposed to fit the 1st lesson in, in conversation, and in less than a minute.
It seems like I've been here for a month. I'm so comfortable here, even more comfortable than at home (sorry). This is where I need to be.
Even though I haven't been crying nonstop with homesickness, I have been thinking about you. In the first discussion, it talks about how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families, and how families bless us.
I would like to invite you all to help out the missionaries. Go do baptisms for the dead and tell me how it felt when you came into the water. I know that by doing this our family will have greater unity, peace and purpose as we serve the Lord together.
There is so much to tell! And my testimony has grown so much over the last 3 or 4 days. It's amazing. 2 Nephi 25:22-23,26.
Oh, and did I mention I was made District Leader this morning?
Be sure to go to the temple and tell me about it. Send my love to Grandma and Grandpa Davis and everyone else as well! of our family others could say what it says in Colossians 2:2-3.
Love, Elder Child


3 Comments:
At 10:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
testing
At 8:40 PM,
Maren said…
testing, 1 2 3?
At 9:16 PM,
Paul said…
me too!
Post a Comment
<< Home