More
Chris wrote this week and reminded me that it was time to put a new post on the Blog as Paul had written something to him about it. There should me more interesting news next week as Chris is loosing his companion, Elder Chatwin, who is going home and has been ready to leave for months and has already mentally left his mission, which has been a trial and learning experience for Chris.
As a family we usually get our email from Chris on Monday which is his P-day but this week we didn't get one. Chris wrote "Sorry we couldn't email yesterday. They make the missionaries work on holidays, so we had our P-day moved to today. We had a good week last week though.
Yesterday we met with a lady we door knocked into about a week ago. We weren't able to see her last Monday so it's good that we saw her yesterday. She grew up Jehovah's Witness, but her father was not a very good person (her own words, not mine). So she has seen the LDS ads on t.v. and has been looking for a church. I remember when I picked the street to knock last week, I had a real impression to go there. The lesson went well, even though I gave it a lot differently than I usually do. It was weird because I was kind of highlighting different parts of the message. She made the comment during it that she really liked the way I explained it and she felt like I was answering her questions and concerns as they came into her mind. To Elder Chatwin it looked very disorganized, but to her it was perfect. That's how the Spirit works, though. You have to let Him teach. Anyway, she explained that she doesn't like memorized prayers and explained how she prays. It's just like how we pray. And when we were leaving, she stopped us and asked, "Do you guys baptize? 'Cause I haven't been baptized." We said that, yes, we baptize. She asked if we could "maybe" do that for her. I told her that, sure, we could! I gave her the challenge to be baptized when she finds that the things we taught were true. I have faith she will find the truth she's looking for in this church.
I've been reading Articles of Faith. It's a great book. I started it last Saturday, and I'm half way through it (even on a missionary's schedule). What a great resource! I had to check it out of the church library.
I'm excited for this next transfer. I think we could see quite a bit of success. I sure hope it turns out well for my next companion. I think that, with the Spirit we can make things happen. I believe our top investigator is Sarah, and I believe she will be baptized next transfer.
Yesterday was hot. It got to 95 and was VERY humid. When you put your arm out the window of the car and bring it back in, it's wet. It's that bad. It's a lot hotter than I expected Michigan could be. At least we have a really nice air conditioning unit in our apartment. Thank goodness!
So, have a good week! I'd love to hear from ya!
Chris
As a family we usually get our email from Chris on Monday which is his P-day but this week we didn't get one. Chris wrote "Sorry we couldn't email yesterday. They make the missionaries work on holidays, so we had our P-day moved to today. We had a good week last week though.
Yesterday we met with a lady we door knocked into about a week ago. We weren't able to see her last Monday so it's good that we saw her yesterday. She grew up Jehovah's Witness, but her father was not a very good person (her own words, not mine). So she has seen the LDS ads on t.v. and has been looking for a church. I remember when I picked the street to knock last week, I had a real impression to go there. The lesson went well, even though I gave it a lot differently than I usually do. It was weird because I was kind of highlighting different parts of the message. She made the comment during it that she really liked the way I explained it and she felt like I was answering her questions and concerns as they came into her mind. To Elder Chatwin it looked very disorganized, but to her it was perfect. That's how the Spirit works, though. You have to let Him teach. Anyway, she explained that she doesn't like memorized prayers and explained how she prays. It's just like how we pray. And when we were leaving, she stopped us and asked, "Do you guys baptize? 'Cause I haven't been baptized." We said that, yes, we baptize. She asked if we could "maybe" do that for her. I told her that, sure, we could! I gave her the challenge to be baptized when she finds that the things we taught were true. I have faith she will find the truth she's looking for in this church.
I've been reading Articles of Faith. It's a great book. I started it last Saturday, and I'm half way through it (even on a missionary's schedule). What a great resource! I had to check it out of the church library.
I'm excited for this next transfer. I think we could see quite a bit of success. I sure hope it turns out well for my next companion. I think that, with the Spirit we can make things happen. I believe our top investigator is Sarah, and I believe she will be baptized next transfer.
Yesterday was hot. It got to 95 and was VERY humid. When you put your arm out the window of the car and bring it back in, it's wet. It's that bad. It's a lot hotter than I expected Michigan could be. At least we have a really nice air conditioning unit in our apartment. Thank goodness!
So, have a good week! I'd love to hear from ya!
Chris


1 Comments:
At 10:02 PM,
Maren said…
Thanks for updating his blog! I like to hear what he's up to. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home