The works goes on in Greenville
This is from a letter he wrote June 12th. It was right after the transfer where Elder Chatwin went home. Chris' new companion is Elder Isom who was in his district at the MTC. Chris is senior companion.
"So things are going well here in Greenville, Michigan. The sun is out, the
temperature is nice, and we had a sweet lesson with Sarah, a lady from
Belding.
Last week we ran into her at Wal-Mart. She told us she was having
conflicting thoughts and thought that maybe we worshiped the prophet. When
she saw us at Wal-Mart she felt calm and peaceful. I asked her if she had
read from the Book of Mormon then, and she hadn't, felt bad about not
getting around to do it, and read it that night.
I taught her the Plan of Salvation last night. She really liked the three
degrees of glory and how just that is. She also had several questions about
eternal families when I said that in the Celestial kingdom we can live
forever with our families in God's presence.
We have invited her to come and see a member family who lives not far from
her house. She is really excited to come to church.
It was amazing how the lesson flowed out. It came so naturally and she had
good questions. I love it when my investigators have genuine questions.
You can tell it's not just a curiosity or that they're looking for a reason
not to believe. Her questions are sincere and heartfelt.
We have a less active family living in Cedar Springs that they want their
two youngest to get baptized. So we'll try to go out and start teaching
them this week.
I have been so comfortable this week. It's neat to be able to run this area
the way I want to. It's neat not having so much stress like after Elder
Carlen left."
"So things are going well here in Greenville, Michigan. The sun is out, the
temperature is nice, and we had a sweet lesson with Sarah, a lady from
Belding.
Last week we ran into her at Wal-Mart. She told us she was having
conflicting thoughts and thought that maybe we worshiped the prophet. When
she saw us at Wal-Mart she felt calm and peaceful. I asked her if she had
read from the Book of Mormon then, and she hadn't, felt bad about not
getting around to do it, and read it that night.
I taught her the Plan of Salvation last night. She really liked the three
degrees of glory and how just that is. She also had several questions about
eternal families when I said that in the Celestial kingdom we can live
forever with our families in God's presence.
We have invited her to come and see a member family who lives not far from
her house. She is really excited to come to church.
It was amazing how the lesson flowed out. It came so naturally and she had
good questions. I love it when my investigators have genuine questions.
You can tell it's not just a curiosity or that they're looking for a reason
not to believe. Her questions are sincere and heartfelt.
We have a less active family living in Cedar Springs that they want their
two youngest to get baptized. So we'll try to go out and start teaching
them this week.
I have been so comfortable this week. It's neat to be able to run this area
the way I want to. It's neat not having so much stress like after Elder
Carlen left."


1 Comments:
At 6:54 PM,
Maren said…
...Wait, is he a district leader or something?
Post a Comment
<< Home