The MLM Experience

"...faith, hope, charity and love..."

Monday, October 09, 2006

10/9/06 Still Here but...

On Wednesday I had interviews with President. He asked me to look at what would be a good place to put another set of elders in this area and create another area. He asked me to look back on my mission and think about what I've learned and experienced so far. I have been truly blessed. There's just so much I've learned.

They changed the way they do transfer calls. They did them on Friday and we actually transfer on Monday as usual. So on Friday I got a call from President. He asked me if he told me there wouldn't be any changes in the companionship. Then he asked me if I could forgive him if he went back on that. I said I could do that. Then he asked me if I'd serve as District Leader and they'd rearrange the districts so I have two sisters and two elders. I accepted, so today I'm a district leader. Elder Udall and Elder Hiskie are staying, but are still in another district. I was hoping for a break, to go to another area after this transfer, but oh well. I'll do my best.

So some crazy stuff happened this week. Well, not crazy, but awesome.

We got a call last week from the Assistants. They wanted us to house another missionary for a week. His name is Elder Ashby. He's going home this week. His two year mark was Saturday. So that's exciting for him. We had a great week with him.

We taught the Moore's friends, Robbie and Heather. They are a great couple, and will make a great addition to the church. We taught them about baptism, the blessings of it, and it was great. So anyway, Heather asked us in tears why it took so long for her to find the gospel. It was great to see how much they want it. I compared the feelings of the Holy Ghost to fruit and I described how sweet and wonderful the gifts of God are. Robbie said his mouth was watering and he took some grapes to satisfy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home