The MLM Experience

"...faith, hope, charity and love..."

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Transferred

Here we are a little over a month from the last post and so much has happened. Chris is working very hard and teaching a lot.

Nov 20th
I have been so swamped for time it's not even funny. I practically only had this morning to pack, and I'm not done yet. Poor Elder Gleue (glow-yay) will find he can't move in because I haven't moved out yet! The apartment is trashed and there's clothes all over the place. It's like a bomb went off!

Well, if you can't tell by now, I'm being transferred again. It was really sad to say good-bye to Marc, who cried and gave me a hug. (Marc was baptized on the 12th). Also it was tough for the Moores and also the Johnsons (the family from Bountiful). I haven't even told Joyce yet. I haven't gotten in until 9:30 every day last week. It's been a jam-packed schedule. I'll be seeing Sis. Karr this evening. It was quite the surprise to have such a huge reaction to my leaving. I didn't get anything like this from Greenville. It's so sad to leave.

So you are probably wondering where I'm going. Well, it's up North. Think 17 inches of snowfall from last Saturday and Sunday. Not only that, but think of Michigan, the winter wonderland, and think of the area that gets the most snow of any other area in the lower penninsula. Think of a place far away from any other city or town and it's very small. VERY small. It's going to be an interesting Christmas/New Years in Cadillac, Michigan.

I'll probably miss at least 4 baptisms before Christmas here (Holt). Those numbers have names as well, and we have one date set already, with another date coming at the end of the week. I was asked by Corey to perform his baptism, but I won't be around to do it, but Elder Tuft can do that one. So I'm thinking the Lord really has a need for me there (Cadillac). We'll see what happens. I'm still a district leader up there, by the way, and two of my old district leaders will be my zone leaders. Elder Hurst and Elder Bajiore. My companion's name is Elder Peterson.

Last week Elder Tuft and I were rear-ended and it turned out to be a hit and run because the guy who hit us ran. It hurt my back and the day after I had interviews with President. It was funny because Elder Tuft told him I'd complained about it and President called me out on it. I also had a side-ache on my lower right side and it was pretty painful, but nothing came of it. They were a little scared it might be apendicitis, but the pain went away. Probably nothing much. What a send off from Holt!

Anyway, love you so much and hope everything works out there. It's nice to know the world still turns in Bountiful.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home