The MLM Experience

"...faith, hope, charity and love..."

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

2/12/07

Transfer calls came on Friday. It was really funny because Elder Peterson took the call from President Edwards, who gave him my assignments. Elder Peterson literally screamed when President told him he wanted him to stay in Cadillac, serve as district leader here, and train a new missionary. When Elder Peterson screamed President thought to himself, "It's not that big of a change and he's trained a new missionary before, so why the scream?" He quickly figured out what happened. It was funny. So I'll be headed down to Lansing for a couple days so I can pick up "my boy."

We are continuing to teach Gary, who is scheduled to be baptized on the 25th. We taught Cecil with Kyle and Dylan about the offices and duties of the Aaronic Priesthood. It was great. I gave Cecil the Aaronic Priesthood in our Priesthood meeting. What a neat opportunity.

In Sacrament meeting, I took a look at the program and saw that Elder Peterson and I were going to speak! I showed it to him and his jaw dropped. So we both said a prayer and prepared our talks between the opening hymn and Sacrament. It went very well, though, as we are doing it all the time with investigators. I talked on reaching outward and lifting our families while Elder Peterson gave a call to the branch to share the gospel.

Things are warming up a little now. It's in the high teens now. ;)

Note from 2/5/07 letter:

Last week we got in touch with a less-active member family, the Goulders. Come to find out, Bro. Goulder was baptized 11 years ago and was offended by a branch president here. He vowed he'd never come back to church as long as that branch president was... branch president. Well, there's been several changes made and that brother doesn't even live in the boundaries of this branch anymore. A couple years ago the Goulder's daughter was taught the lessons, and the missionaries seemed to begin to focus on the parents. Well, that didn't jive too well with Bro. Goulder and he stopped the baptism, saying she was too young to decide if she wanted to be baptized. You may wonder why I'm telling you this story. Well, Sister Goulder was baptized 11 years or so ago in the San Juan Islands in Washington State by an Elder Child (Grandpa Child). Amazing. I'm trying to set up a meeting to talk with the family soon, but their schedules are hectic. I'll continue to try, though.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    He's doing well and taking lots of responsibility, then... go get 'em, Elder.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Maren said…

    Glad to hear he's being just as amazing as always!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home