The MLM Experience

"...faith, hope, charity and love..."

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Update 6/19/07

I don't have too much time to write you today, since we have a lunch with a member coming up, we've had to do some cleaning and getting ready for transfers. Even though I'm staying it will still be pretty hectic for me around here, as I'll be housing five missionaries including myself today and tomorrow. It also looks like a busy week, with 13 appointments already in the planner for the week.

I'm excited to be serving with Elder Prows. He'll be a fun companion, I'm sure. I'll be saying good-bye to some of my friends, including Elder Hurst, who's been a great example to me. He door knocked against doctor's orders with an open staf infection eating away at his stomach, prepared a district meeting, and in that meeting delivered probably the most powerful testimony of missionary work I've ever heard, all when I was in Greenville. I will never forget the strength of Elder Hurst during that trial that the doctors said had a good chance of taking his life. He still deals with that recurring infection, which may eventually take his life. He ended up being an Assistant, which I'm glad he was because I was able to continue to work with him throughout the rest of his mission.

It's weird that all those I've looked to for an example are leaving. President told me last interview that there comes a point when it seems like there's no heroes in the mission anymore. He said there is, but you just don't see who it is because you've come along far enough. So a lot is happening, and the work continues.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    So... I guess it means you're one of the heroes now? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home